Thursday 20 December 2018

SJL W1 Day 3 Activity 3 WWF

1. The name of the animal the World Wildlife fund is working to save is the tiger.

2. To help the tigers stay alive the world wildlife fund is protecting the tigers from the poachers from killing the tigers. To protect the tigers the world wildlife fund put cameras in the jungle where all the poachers hunt the tigers. The world wildlife fund talks to the government of many country's to talk about the poachers to stop what their doing. We can make a big difference because without the
 tigers then the world would be a lesser place.

3. I feel that they have had success by protecting the animals. I think if I hear it I can spattered out.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sesilia,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team this year. It is great to see that you have joined us and completed an activity for the SLJ. This is actually one of my favourite activities as it talks about what we can do to protect some of our most vulnerable animals. I agree with you that tigers are special and that the world would be a lesser place without them.

    I hope that we will continue to do everything that we can to protect them and allow them to live happily in the jungle. I wonder if tigers live in families like we do or if they prefer to live alone. Do you happen to know? I will go and do some reading now and see if I can find out more about how tigers live. If I find the answer I will come back and post it on your blog!

    In the meantime, I hope that you are having a lovely holiday with your family and friends. Have you been outside playing much over the break? I see that you love soccer. It's a great sport, isn't it? Hope that you've had time to get out and kick the ball around wth your brothers!

    Bye for now,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again!

    I have just done some reading and found out that Tigers generally live on their own although mothers will live with their babies (cubs) until they are old enough to hunt on their own. If you're keen to learn more about tigers, feel free to check out this link: https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/where-do-tigers-live-and-other-tiger-facts#

    It has a lot of great information about tigers. It was written by the same organisation (WWF) that created the video you watched for this activity!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete